Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Good Life

Last week was the first week of our new routine. Joe working from home, me working three days a week and home with the kids for the other two. It feels like the future is going to be so much more relaxed for us, even though Joe will still be traveling some. Drew did about as well as you can expect with starting daycare. He took his bottles just fine but naps are a challenge. The nursery is noisier than his quiet room he has all to himself at home. Leah moved up to the preschool room. She's told me three times now that she doesn't like her new teacher because she doesn't like her hair. Any advice on that one? I've told her she might not like the way her hair looks but that doesn't mean she is not a nice person. Leah does like the other teacher in the room.

Joe is settling into his new job and learning his way around the new company's systems and databases, who's who and what's what. I feel like I've really been able to hit the ground running with my job. 16 of the 17 people there are from my old company and I quickly found out that not much has changed in the way they operate. It is a great environment and I am going to enjoy it, my only concern is that it is an upstart company so they are starting from scratch trying to establish a customer base.

Drew is really close to so many milestones. He can sit up pretty well with the boppy or if you sit behind him. He is still a little sporadic so we stay close. Drew is also getting closer to crawling. He can swivel around on his belly to see what is going on around him, or roll to toys. This weekend we saw him get his belly off the ground a few times. I know there is a lot between where he is and crawling but it feels like it won't be long now.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0