This weekend I took Leah to a park near our house. We have been going to parks near my sister's house, and they were at least 20 minutes away. This park is about a 5 minute drive. It has two lakes with fountains, walking trails and a toddler playground.
Leah was all smiles as soon as we got there. She loved the slides and was making her way through a tunnel bridge when a 3 year old boy showed up with his parents and infant brother. The first sign that this boy was trouble was when he started violently going after a lady bug in the tunnel. I was upset to see how aggressive he was and that Leah was seeing that.
Then, he backed out of the tunnel and came at Leah. He meant to joke around and stopped right before he got to her, but Leah burst into tears. Poor girl. I had to climb up and get her out of the tunnel and the boy was reprimanded by his mother. After that I put Leah in a swing and she forgot all about it.
I am glad to be out enjoying my daughter and summer.



0 comments:
Post a Comment