Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One year ago today...

Leah working hard on moving day.

A year ago today we said good-bye to our first home. I remember how focused I was on not getting stressed out about the move & all the changes going on.

They say things happen for a reason. I have spent most of the last year missing our old house & my old job, everything I loved & hated about Memphis, and the friends we made over the last 6 years. And now I think I can be grateful for the move for a number of reasons.

We are closer to family, who are there to love & support us and watch Leah grow. We also have enough room in our house to be comfortable and host visitors. Looking back at our first house, we would be cramped with so many toys and unable to sell our home for a number of years.

What does the next year hold for us? We still have a lot of painting to do, but we love our new home. We hope to continue meeting our neighbors, making new friends, and watching our trees grow.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0